Missouri Abuse and Lose Law FAQ

Can I have any type of driving privilege while I am suspended or revoked under the Abuse and Lose Law?

You may be eligible for a hardship license (Limited Driving Privilege or “LDP”). The hardship license can be used to travel to and from work, alcohol treatment, medical treatment, school, etc. Click on one of the following for more information.… Read the rest

Can I have the Abuse and Lose action removed from my driver record? If so, When? How?

The Abuse and Lose action may be removed only after five years from the driver license reinstatement date. A written request must be submitted to the Driver License Bureau requesting the Abuse and Lose action be removed from the Missouri … Read the rest

How can I get my Missouri driver license back when it is suspended or revoked under the Missouri Abuse and Lose Law?

To get your Missouri driver license back (reinstated / secure reinstatement) when it is suspended or revoked under the Missouri Abuse and Lose law, the following two (2) items must be sent to Driver License Bureau, P.O. Box 200, Jefferson … Read the rest

How long do I need the SR-22 insurance filing?

The SR-22 is not required for reinstatement for an Abuse and Lose action; however, the SR-22 is required if you file for a Limited Driving Privilege.… Read the rest

What is an SR-22 insurance filing?

It is a form from your insurance company that shows your motor vehicle has liability insurance. (Click here to see an example of the SR-22 form)… Read the rest

What is Missouri’s Limited Driving Privilege (LDP)? How do I apply for an LDP?

Only one Limited Driving Privilege (LDP) can be given to you in a five-year period. After September 30, 2005, a person cannot obtain a hardship license to drive a commercial motor vehicle.… Read the rest

When will I get my driver license back (MIP)?

Once the suspension or revocation period has been served and the reinstatement requirements have been met, the Driver License Bureau should reinstate the driver’s license and return it by mail to the driver along with a driver license reinstatement notice.… Read the rest

Where do I get information about SATOP classes?

Resources and locations about Missouri SATOP can be found here.Read the rest

Why do I need to complete a Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program (SATOP)?

Missouri law requires that every person must file with the Driver License Bureau a SATOP completion form before their driver license may be reinstated if their driver license was suspended or revoked due to the violation of any state, county, … Read the rest

Will I have to retake my drivers test?

You will have to retake your test if your driver license has been expired for more than six months.… Read the rest