- Find your insurance cards. Make sure they are up to date and you can easily reach them from the driver’s seat.
- Check your license and plates to make sure they are valid. In Missouri, your license is valid for 10 years so it can be easy to forget to renew it.
- If you get into an accident, exchange insurance information with the other driver and call the police. Getting a police report after the fact is never easy.
- Do not drink and drive. No one wants to spend the holidays in jail.
- If you have a warrant, take care of it before you are arrested. Many times warrants can be recalled, but once a jurisdiction has you, they will rarely let you go until you post a bond.
- If you are pulled over, be nice and respectable. Police officers don’t want to be out in the cold any more than you do. However, remember you do have the right to remain silent.
- If you do get a ticket, contact us as soon as possible so it doesn’t get lost in the holiday shuffle. We’ll handle the stress for you.
Comments are closed.